Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

john74
Senior Contributor

Scard of ex partner returns

Hi l have recently in the last few days had my partner end the relationship and she has been away but returning tomorrow. I had a number of self pity messages from her on Friday night and she has hardly spoken since Wednesday. Problem is we share a house together and she returns tomorrow l am so scared of what she will do and say. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Scard of ex partner returns

Hi @john74 , we will be here to support you, whatever happens. I am sorry she has ended the relationship. 

Hi @john74 

I'm sorry to hear that you partner ended your relationship and you are having to go through this.  Its always a tough situation when you share living arrangements in these types of situations. 

Being worried about what your partner will do or say in this situation is a very normal reaction.  It may help to set boundaries, particularly if you will still be living together.  Looking after yourself mentally and physically is really important when going through something like this.  Discussions can become emotionally charged and can have a big impact on your overall well being, so please remember to look after yourself!

I hope that things today aren't as bad as you were anticipating, but remember that you can reach out on the forums any time for support.

Warm regards

SkySeeker22

Hi @SkySeeker22 Shr did return briefly to unload her camping gear the left again.  I said hello she said hello the she left. If l hadn't spoken first l would have got silence. So hard my head is a mess 

Hi @SkySeeker22 her and her kids have returned but l m getting the silent treatment very uncomfortable 

Hi @john74 I'm sorry to hear about this awkward situation. What's worrying you about your ex returning? Are you going to continue living in the same place? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance