Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Waited over an hour for helplines that were never going to answer

Why do I even bother calling what is the point trying to fight so hard when it just gets me nowhere there is nothing left to do I might as well just give up at least then it wouldn’t hurt so much. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Waited over an hour for helplines that were never going to answer

Hey @Eden1919 I'm sorry to hear you've had that experience. The lines must be busy tonight!

I'm wondering if there is anything here that can help? 

If it's an emergency I would urge you to call 000. I'm so sorry you feel alone tonight. We are here with you 💝

hi @Eden1919
i dont really have any advice but just wanted you to know i understand. there has been several times where ive had very unhelpful conversations with helplines or had to wait endless hours to speak to someone as well.

Hi @Eden1919 

How are you going today?

Hope you're feeling a little better,

Sending warm wishes

Hanami

@outlander  I am sorry you have also struggled with helplines. 

@hanami  today i feel worse. 

today i feel terrible i dont know what to do anymore everything is too much i am trying really hard but i honestly dont think i can do this much longer i suppose it doesnt really matter if i choose to go then it is what it is. it isnt like anyone can help me and i have done everything i can so if that is what it comes to then so be it i guess. 

Hi @Eden1919 I'm hearing things are really hard for you right now and it all feels like it's too much. I'm really concerned for you. 

I understand you are trying really hard to reach out and it feels hopeless because the helplines aren't working. Is there anyone else you can reach out to for support? 

I'm hearing the level of distress you're experiencing and you don't deserve to go through this alone. Did you reach out to any of the other services I sent to you? I'm also unsure of which helpline you have tried but perhaps a different one? 

Lifeline 13 11 14  
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659467  
beyondblue Support Service 1300 22 46 36

I'm wondering if it would be helpful to speak to your psychiatrist or psychologist? 

If things escalate for you I would urge you to call 000. 

We are sitting with you. Please let us know how we can best support you right now 💝

Please take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance