Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Employment and Mental Health // Tues 8th June, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

that is one thing that is good about being self employed and not overbooked is that we are able to rebook if like yesterday my mr shaz fell asleep after lunch and slept for the whole afternoon so i am able to rebook later this week
and i am also a care for my elderly mum which sometimes makes it tricky

But mr shaz`s anxiety goes through the roof because he said he has failed everyone @Daisydreamer@Ultravox 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Employment and Mental Health // Tues 8th June, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

That is a fantastic initiative Zoe7 and forward thinking. This will benefit the company in saving money and making people heard and valued at the same time. People are an asset who should be cared for in their workplace.

@BlueBay Heart It sounds like take time off in your workplace is really stressful

@Daisydreamer  yes that's correct in that we don't have to give a reason why we're taking a sick day. I tend to worry about it and say something anyway. Also ppl do ask sometimes so I like to be prepared with a reason, even if it's not the reason. 

Yeah I'm now to scared to csll in sick when I am for fear of not believed and I could lose my job. @Daisydreamer 

Self employment flexibility sounds like it works really well for you both-- sometimes @Daisydreamer , but mr shaz stresses out because he thinks he has failed everyone and then when he can`t not do the jobs because of the rain , it is just soo bad 

Sorry. I'm a bit sporadic tonight - keep getting called away. Smiley Frustrated

@Daisydreamer wrote:
Good on you for holding your ground @chibam 🙂 What were your thoughts about @Ultravox 's comment about career advisors and services that can support to find work that you would be interested to do that is meaningful for you?

Actually, it leads me in to another question I had about what options people have when college/TAFE is not an appropriate route for them?

I think that a lot of industries have their own individual workarounds, but is there any centralized system where a person can go to look into embarking upon their future without going in for education?

@Ultravox It is very much still in the 'talking' stages but it would be invaluable to so many if it was introduced. Our department 'talks' a lot though about mental health but yet to see the actual evidence that what is written is followed through ...stay tuned I guess...

Yeah that's understandable @Shaz51 Heart It can feel hard to take time when we need it, especially when there is work to do. Compounding that with the rain would be overwhelming

I think this shows that you care about your job but at the end of the day if we do not have our health (physical or mental) we cannot do the everyday things we need to including work. It is important to look after yourself.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance