Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Appleblossom
Community Elder

Just wondering about moderators etc

Are you trained.

paid,

have lived experience,

or all of the above?

I have appreciated input so far,

but still not worked out how to get an image file from web into the sane site browser.

I believe necessity is the mother of invention, so pics have been low on my agenda. I'll get to it eventually.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Just wondering about moderators etc

Hi Apple(of my eye 🙂

When you're entering a post / comment, the bar at the top of the box you're typing in has a number of 'icons' on it, the leftmost being the 'B' meaining Bold, followed by the I meaning Italic. If you go along to the right just after the smiley face is a piece of chain, and then a square box looking like a picture.

If you put your cursor on top of this square, without clicking it, it will display the words "Insert/Edit Image".

Click this button and another window will come up, with two tabs at the top. The left hand tab says "Add Image" and the right hand tab says "From My Uploaded Images". You need to click the left hand tab, then underneath the "Choose File" button you will see a blue line saying "From Another Site". Click this line and the window will change to have a text box with the label Image.

It's not a very big text box, but you can copy and paste the link (url) to your image into this text box. Be sure to give it a title, and probably choose the size Medium or Large.

Leave the Alignment at Inline.

After all is done, click the button at the bottom, labelled Insert Image.

Hope that helps!

Hi @Appleblossom

That’s a great question 🙂 SANE Australia collaborates with a number of mental health organisations around Australia to provide this online community. All of the moderators are paid, as they are trained mental health professionals. The Forum moderators come from both SANE Australia and the partner organisations, bringing a diversity of experiences, knowledge and backgrounds to the role. Although the moderators do have training in mental health, the moderators do not provide one-to-one counselling or crisis support. Many people who moderate the Forums do have a lived experience of mental illness (e.g., they have experienced mental illness themselves, or know someone who has).

For those who aren't too sure what moderators do, the best way to sum it up is that we aim to ensure the community is a welcoming, productive and safe place for all. You may see us around the place time to time. Often we lurk behind the scenes (that's not as creepy as it sounds!). We want to allow space for peers to connect with each other and believe in the power of peer to peer support. 

If you’d like to find out a little bit more about each of the Forum moderators, you can check out this thread: ‘Who’s who in the Zoo

PS - thanks @w1sdumb for helping with that with that technical question! You’re a super star 🙂

Thank you.  Perhaps the paid input keeps things professional and is why the quality of the responses is maintained??

Thanks, I got it about which icon, but I dont know how to copy and paste properly.  I tried dragging url from another site but cant get it to lock in on grey image square or the boxes.

Ok, no problem. I apologise if this sounds too detailed - it's the easiest way!

What it's looking for is the text of the url to be placed into that text box.

The "copy" part of that means to copy that text into the "clipboard", and the "paste" means to place the contents of the clipboard into the text box.

So, to get the text into your"clipboard", the easiest way is to

1. open the image in your browser, then click the "address" once - this will highlight all the text in the url.

2. Press the right mouse button (if you're on a pc) & select copy from the options or click "Edit" on the menu, then "copy" on the Edit menu.

Copy done.

3. Now, get back to the insert image icon on the forum. Get to the "another site" screen, & use the left mouse button to click once in the text box.

4. Once the cursor is flashing in the text box, press the right mouse button once, and select "paste".

Voila! The full text of the url appears in the textbox.

It's been copied, it's been pasted.

Now do the fiddly bits, and submit.

Hope that helps.

@Apple, one of the sad realities of a lived experience mental disorder is that we have moments of fighting the world with everything we can throw, and one of these methods is to pour foul language & disgusting insensitivity into the keyboard, saying things we would never have the courage or audacity to say in person. Without moderators, forums quickly come to resemble rubbish tips, anything but inviting.

I'm bipolar. I know what I've been like when somebody said something my arrogance thought was stupid! The moderators deserve immense respect, they're faced with folk who think they're geniuses.

Good on yer!

Its ok I am respectful of the moderators and the role. I just wanted to know. I probably "moderated" a lot of "I am a genius" BS with people I cared about struggling with MI. 

For some reason I have never put others down when they have not understood something. I could read when I was 6 in the orphanages and due to lack of staff I got the job of helping to teach the others.  I wasnt that smart as I did an IQ test when I was 8 which I read about much later in my ward file .. most humbling to see simple numbers sum us up.

Just saw your instructions. I managed by saving pic to computer and then accessing it through the browse function.  I am weird about computers in that I did a bit electronics, basic programming and physics as kid, but now have allergy due to over exposure in trying to raise small children and connect with exhusband computer nerd. He would talk maths as pillow talk til I passed out with exhaustion.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance