Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: DID, it's not confirmed, but have CPTSD

Thanks for contacting me. I can relate to the darkness at the back. Or at the front, if I'm looking at it from when the trauma started. Do your thoughts jump around a lot.? It feels sometimes like I do it purposely so I can't get a grip on it, maybe because I'm so scared.

Thanks for links, it's nice to hear from you. I appreciate it.

Sorry, don't remember writing to U this morning. I'm really not sure on CPTSD. I think half the time I'm running from it. Just so we are clear, because I don't want to worry you. But I might have written to U, I just don't remember. Hope when I'm dealing better with things I can help you out. But just not able to now. Thanks for message.

Can I just ask, when U say happy to chat. Do I chat with you by writing in this box, I'm writing in now or somewhere else? I wrote just before I ran off to my happy place and now don't know where to find what I 1st wrote back to U.

hi @Just 

I notice you're making an effort to reach out and connect here at the Forums. And you may be thinking like it's falling on deaf ears by now... but there is something you can do to make better contact.

So, yes: you can type your response in the reply box. For sure. Though it's extra helpful and better noticed if you tag someone in whom you particularly want to address.

So how do you do that?

Well, you press the @ key.

And when you do, a little box will drop down with the names of people who have been active on the thread.

At this point, click on those you wish to respond to, and their name will come up in your message, in blue.like this @Just 

That person(s) will then receive personal notification in their mailbox, that you have posted... @Snowie  @Blackbird11  @hluppy 

Does that make sense?

All the best. Give it a try...🙏

Thanks fact sheets are very useful and I just listened to video on window of tolerance. Thanks, slowly slowly

Yes, I will .

@hluppy I hope I attached link to hluppy correctly . It came up with a red line underneath

@hluppy Hi, I want to chat normally and tell U about myself. But a bit frightened I will forget to post this VI Question I have a 12 year old daughter, real life. She wants me to go to her graduation in 3 weeks I'm very scared I will get triggered and do something embarrassing, what do U do to stay in the present? Thanks

I just found out I m not showing signs of DID. So diagnosed with CTSD only. So that's great. Can U tell me how to pass this info on to others in forum I tried @ but I don't get a drop down box of people who have contacted me. Can I give U my permission to post this where everyone concerned will see. I just struggle with technology. Don't worry if U can't I just really appreciated the help on this site. Thankyou.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance