Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

HeyJoeI
Casual Contributor

Loneliness Love

I have been separated most of my married life. I stayed married as I was concerned about my estranged wife & she sabotaged several relationship opportunities. I felt unwell & found that I have terminal illness in my 60’s. I will live longer than I want to as living alone for so long has left me damaged. I have a potential wife. I would say I love her. A professional would not. I see her once a week & I won’t see her often daily once we are married. I pine for her. She doesn’t have any problem. She is ideal when I see her. I find this a much better prospect than nobody. I tried the dating sites. I am not competitive. I can’t put myself into social situations in the community. ‘damaged’ Therefore I need to train myself to be in a relationship with someone who loves me, who hardly communicates 6 days a week. Gives me one day to do anything I want. I study cosmology, religion, the question of reality on YouTube. My psychologist would say I am walking towards a hole. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Loneliness Love

Hey @HeyJoeI 

Like your interests.

Love and loneliness and managing our feelings...we all struggle with that.

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Thank you. It is nice to be involved. I believe the forum will be a good place to explain my circumstances & my feelings. I am generally independent & strong however I find romantic partners more challenging

Hi @HeyJoeI,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your story with us, I am sorry about your current health concern.

I think it's admirable that you're acknowledging your feelings of loneliness and putting yourself out there.

And the fact you are seeing a psychologist is wonderful, are you happy with them?

Good luck with your studies!

Know that you are not alone,

defaultusername

@HeyJoeI I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. Can you explain further about your relationship? I suppose the question is: are you happy settling? If so, it is your choice to enter into this marriage. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance