Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying makes it worse

Yes I'm  starting to  realize you have looked under every stone.  I'm not that smart mate,  It took others to tell me how bad my body and health are,   Sorry I applied my simple thinking to you.

Its hard to tell things from a distance,   Just know I'm here and care about you @EternalFlower 

Your friend         tonys....

Hey @EternalFlower just checking in. How did you sleep? How are you going so far today? Have you had that nice nurse again? Tell me if I'm bothering you with questions I just want to know how you're going and support if I can. And tell me if I'm getting too advicey by the way, I've been in hospital a lot and am just trying to share some of my tips and tricks in the hope that some will work for you. but sometimes I sound like the bloody therapist who comes in every day here haha. That's what 3 weeks of therapy all day will do to ya haha. Sending hugs, le chuck

@tonys @Paperdaisy @Appleblossom @LeChuck @@

I couldnt sleep last night night terrors and bad dreams here and for some reason felt in a trance kept taking off my blankets and being scared.

My dr tried to convince me to stay but he doesnt get it.

Maybe i will leave tomorrow...

I am getting more irritable to staff because i havent slept and i worry about getting bad things written about me in their notes or stigma in my treatment.

I have learnt that you kinda cant complain too kuch and hsve to be chirpy and flexible in your treatment or they get resentful towards you or find it like a personal challenge and document bad things about yiu.

So much harder without sleep and supportive nurses. Are you going to be safe within yourself if you leave though? Because that's what's really the most important thing. Sometimes a really unpleasant place can still be the best place to be. Or would you look at another hospital? I don't know where you're based and not sure if I can post this but if you talk to people you can get an idea of which hospitals are better than others. Sometimes if you present at certain public hospitals and are admitted they will try and relocate you to one closer to your address which may be a worse hospital, but it is my understanding that they actually have no authority to do that, they just try and trick people into not knowing their rights. If you know of a hospital with a good reputation you can present and be admitted there and they can't move you. (Moderator confirm?) I am definitely not advising you to leave but I want you to know your rights if you do leave and need to be readmitted. This is my experience but going to flag this for a moderator to check over just in case I've said something inappropriate or incorrect. I can recommend a very good public hospital in Victoria but again will have to have moderator confirm if this is allowed/appropriate. Here with you @EternalFlower 

Hey @EternalFlower Just caught up properly on your news and thread.

Sorry to hear it went from bad to worse.

Glad you are able to sift the wheat from the chaff and tell what is good for you, the human kindness, and what is bad, cockroaches and being bossed around too much.  Also you seem able to tell some of the differences between diagnoses and symptoms which may overlap between them ... Hospitals can be pretty invasive and overwhelming and are not as puurrrfffect as they make out.  

Deep Breaths .... seems simple ... but not always in every situation ...

I managed to get to yoga this morning and we had replacement fella ... who was good and worked with mindfulness and breath .... funny how some things can trigger some people and not others ...

I did smile about @tonys being an old swaggy and probably not too scared of the roaches ...but can understand how it can gross some people out ... especially when hygeine is important in sharing close living conditions with many people.

Hoping things improve

Gently Bently

Apple

@LeChuck   @EternalFlower    Was wanting to have a go at this but could not come close to chucks effort.    Very thoughtful advice ,     and very well put.   best wishes tonys.   mb  1

sitting with you @EternalFlower and sending you hugs my friend 

@tonys Your insights and advice are usually pretty awesome mate. And your posts are always appreciated, at least by me. Snippets of the moon base life bring me so much happiness

@EternalFlower how is your day going?

@EternalFlower   Mate,   Please have a good think about what le chuck wrote you,   Sounds like he has been down similar trails,  and put some thought into it.

When you are like that at night.  Please pick up that phone and we can exchange kites.

and I have been looking in to see around midnight,  Fire is kept going just for you mate.

Your doctor sounds like a caring bloke,   I  know at the end of the day it all comes down to you,   but  good advice,  and time taken to sit with it, . . . .  well that just solid gold  mate.

Apple  B   is back too,   so keep in touch and please don't rush your decisions,  and have a good think about chucks post.     

Your friend,            always here .       tonys    m b 1 

@LeChuck    thankyou and thats a very kind thing to say.    You say very little but when you do,

Its a mountain of well thought  wisdom.       Deep  ponds too.

Me on the other hand,  Over exuberance,  unfenced by a erratic and often forgotten meds regime,   We drink to our.  . . . flaws, . . . and our   .  . ceilings,

Very best wishes to you   Lechuck.

tonys     moon base one.     

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance