Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Diabetes and mental health

omg @Shaz51 that is really low kidney function. 

it was my partners hip, it has been broken for 4 months now, she was meant to have an operation to fix it on friday but the doctor canceled saying her mental health is not good enough, 2 week delay, so it will be 5 months with a broken hip. im so angry with the surgeons 

Sounds tough @Jacques . Your poor partner. Glad your mum had some good news. Hope you're keeping well yourself.

thank you @Dimity yes, i can't believe in a place like Australia people are allowed to have broken bones for so long without treatment. the pain she is in is really awful, they are giving her very little pain meds. 

im ok, im struggling to keep my partners mood up, im monitoring my sleeping and trying to keep myself from having another breakdown.

Ohh your poor partner @Jacques ❤️

Ohh hugs xx

Hugs @Jacques . I hope your partner gets her surgery without further delay. 2 of my family have had untreated broken bones too, it seems very wrong. 

im so sorry to hear that @Dimity hugs. 

All the very best for your test results on Friday @Shaz51 🙂🌺💜

I hope Mr Shaz can get some help from his team regarding the bad dreams, too 💜🌺

All the best with the sleep study; feel free to tag if there’s any questions that you can’t find the answers for - I still pretty much recall the setups and monitoring, as well as the technical equipment used for sleep studies (have been out of the business for a while, but should be able to help if you need🙌🏻☺️). 
take care and I hope your day goes well! 🌺💜🙂

Hi @Shaz51 I hope everything went OK with getting your results and seeing the dietician. 

Hello @Dimity 

Most of the results are high 

But the doctor is happy as the insulin injections has brought my total sugar levels down and it has not affected the kidney 

Kidney level is stable at 19 % 

Hi @Shaz51 

Sugars down - good

Kidney function stable - good

Other measures high - not so good

Did the dietician have any useful advice? I find the check on muscle/fat/bone percentage helpful. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance