Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Far and Away

I'm well @Zoe7 just a little bored. Opposite to your state of being.Will go out soon. Just doing some cooking and cleaning.

Finally have appointments coming up with a psychologist 8/8 and psychiatrist 17/8 Have waited so long ( since March ). Bit of an anti climax. I know what to expect. Not my first rodeo so to speak.

With IBS we have to be so careful about what we eat.

How's that tooth today ? 🤔

No luck with my teeth lately at all @Snowie 😔 ...nor my stomach. My back is a little less sore today so hoping that continues to improve. I am going to take a little time to rest on the couch with Tobes before I go shopping later.

It is a shame about your teeth hon @Zoe7 Especially when dentists are so expensive.

I have an appointment next week and already know that I need at least one filling.

I am sure Toby will love the cuddles. Izzy is asleep on my lap at the moment making little snoring sounds. Super cute!!

Enjoy shopping. Have already been up the street today to get some groceries so hoping I don't have to go out again today.

Great news about your appointments @Former-Member 👍

Yes IBS has a way of flooring us when least expected. It can so often be a small thing in something that sets it off ...and stress can be a contributing factor too. I have been under a fair amount of stress for sometime now so have had a few episodes over the last couple of months. Hopefully now the drain saga is done I can begin to relax a bit more and enjoy the time with the kids getting ready for their play.

I am pretty covered by my private health fund for the dentist @Snowie - and he often does not charge the gap so I am very fortunate. I must be reaching my yearly limit though so should check that out ...this visit may cost me a bit more if that is the case.

I have run out of glue sticks for the glue gun and I need a fair few to finish what I am putting together. I may even finish the painting today and leave the shopping (and gluing) until tomorrow morning. I will see how I feel in a couple of hours.

Give Izzy a hug from me ...they are sooo cute when they are asleep making puppy sounds 🐶💖

Been either in the bathroom or on the couch all afternoon @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Snowie Very dehydrated despite drinking a pool full of water today. I thought I had some hydralytes but have run out and can't get to the chemist to get some more. They are open until 7 so I will see if I can make it later. Have done nothing all day since doing the drain with Dad so stressing a little ...but I cannot do anything about it at present - just have to ride it out 😔

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7 poor thing. Not good.

Water 💧 is hydrating but sometimes when we are really dehydrated it doesn't stick to our body. Cordial or tea with a touch of sugar can help if you can't make it to the pharmacy for hydrolyte.

I hope 🤞🤞 the pipe gets sorted out and you are ok ☺️🤗. But your right sometimes all we can do is ride it out.

Made it to the chemist @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope Now back on the couch with Tobes snuggled next to me watching the footy. Stomach seems to have settled again but not going to eat anything tonight - just fluids and rest. It is really cold but I have been having chills all day so heater is up already. Need to get some more painting done though tonight so it is all ready to glue on bits tomorrow - painting is relaxing for me so it should be okay to do a little at a time, rest and go again.

Thanks @Snowie 🙏💞

Hoping the weekend is going okay for you.  
Feels like snow here today !!

❤️ @Zoe7 ….. self-care day

A forced one not a planned one @Faith-and-Hope but feel a bit more able to be up for short periods so can get the painting done at least tonight.

How has your day been Hon - a self care day also?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance