Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Yes, I do believe it is up to others if they want to talk or not @Steven78 . Getting to know someone often begins with the not-so-interesting small talk. If you can bear that, you may gradually find people to converse with!

I was a loner in the past. I withdrew from the world. These forums helped me to connect with people. It taught me what was okay to say and what was not ok to say. It also allowed me to re-read my posts to realise how I could improve.

Now? People are ALWAYS talking to me. If anything, I run away from people so I can have some time for myself! 

Be kind to yourself and give connection a go. It's waiting for you to grasp it. 

tyme

@Steven78 , But have YOU reached out to get to know others? People are probably thinking the same way you are that you are not talking to them because you don't like them. But in the end, they are the ones that miss out. 

Completely up to anyone else if they want to talk to me in person or on the phone .but that's up to others if they want to or not ..I've made it pretty clear and I'm waiting to see if anyone chooses to talk to me ??

Absolutely,that's why I asked if anyone wants to talk.

That's only important to people who value connections though. And ultimately if I'm that worthless then nothing can be done to resolve that. Up to others if they want to talk .I've done my bit .tried my best but every piece of behavior says that no one wants to talk

Who is someone you can call tomorrow @Steven78 ? Do you work? 

I know for me, people always phone me, but I'm honestly too busy to respond. They end up texting so I can respond, and sometimes it takes days and weeks. It's not because I don't care, I just have other pressing things to manage.

Just keep trying. And if it doesn't work, consider looking elsewhere, even if it is in text form.

tyme

Tell me a little about yourself @Steven78 

A little about me is I live alone with my little dog. I just recently gotten into diamond art and loving it. I’m currently going through a pretty rough time with my MI.

I love coming in here to meet up with friends as I struggle in the outside world to make a connection. 

Captain24

If I had anyone to call I wouldn't of been on here.

I tried and no one wanted to talk ,that's ok.
It demonstrates my worth to others and I'm used to that ..

I did come on here hoping for different but ultimately I'm just me and people make their choices.

I was hoping connections might of been important on here but unfortunately they aren't ..glad for your honesty though

Extremely uncomfortable sharing to much of things with people with who can't talk sorry.

I'm sorry you see it this way @Steven78  even though people have honestly tried to connect with you. Perhaps you are missing the connection cues?

If you look at your list of notifications you can quantifiably see the number of times people have tried to connect with you by tagging and talking to you. However, it seems you are looking for a different connection.

As far as I'm concerned, if something's not working, make an adjustment.

I just want you to know that we care about you, want to connect with you, are trying to connect with you and are waiting for a response to this invitation for connection. Whether you accept is your choice.

The offer is there.

All the best, tyme

Hi @Bow @Captain24 @Shaz51 @maddison - good to see you passing by 🙂

Can you name the people that you say have tried ? Because I can personally guarantee that not one person has asked to talk to me ,either in person or by phone.

I know it may seem inconvenient but that's the truth of the matter.

And no matter which way it's looked at ,those are facts .
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance