Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Hi @Bow !

Great to see you 🙂 Missed you.

Hi @Captain24 ,

I'm sorry things have 'turned' for the worse. 

Be kind to yourself. Remember you are working through a rocky period where meds and moods are messy. It'll take a bit of time for things to iron out.

It's okay if you don't feel up to anything. At the moment, it's about being okay to sit with not being okay. It's a challenging concept, but I learnt this from my psychologist. That is, to teach and train ourselves to sit in a place of unpleasantness - and be okay with it. It's doesn't feel nice, and our bodies want to escape the unpleasantness, but as you do it, you get better at it.

Hugs, tyme

Thanks @tyme 

So this is afternoon/night feeling will go away when we get the correct meds sorted. I just have to hold on. 

It’s really tiring and frustrating to be like this everyday. If I call all I get told is to find a distraction but it gets past the point of being able to distract myself. I feel like they don’t take me seriously but I guess there is nothing they can do anyway. 

Thanks for the it’s ok not to be ok. I just need to be ok with it and remain safe and stop trying to release the pain because now that is starting to be unsafe too. 

Thank you for understanding and helping me to understand. 

Hey @Captain24

I haven’t been on the forums in a while and it’s wonderful to read that you have started on some medication and it sounds like you have some more support in place. It can be hard to see the progress when we are really struggling, but it sounds like you have taken some positive steps and things are moving in the right direction.

I’m really sorry things feel so hard tonight. I know you’ve gotten through these nights before, so I am confident you can do it again. Sitting with you as you sit with these feelings 💜

This is my diamond painting finished! @tyme @TuxedoCat @Shaz51 @Bow 

Dont know what to do now until my others come on Wednesday when I’m back at work… 

E0B0948A-0E55-402F-B2A1-75274FEA59A8.jpeg

Hi  @Acacia 

I have an amazing support team behind me between the MH team, gp and you guys here. It’s definitely a rocky road out of this mess but I do see the progress I have made and do have hope. I’m feel good most mornings. It’s just afternoons and evenings now. 

Nights are hard some harder than others but I just have to be strong and make it through. Tonight and the last couple have been really tough and staying safe has been difficult. Hopefully as I continue through this path they get easier.

My safe place is bed so that’s were I’m heading now. 

Thank you for your support 

Hugs @Captain24 ,

Great to see you  🙂

Thanks @tyme 

Good to see you too. Hope you had a great day. 

Did you see the pic above? I finished the diamond painting. Now I have to wait until Wednesday for the new ones to turn up. I tried a jigsaw puzzle but it doesn’t distract me at all. 

Hugs to you too

Oh my @Captain24 ! I love it! When I had a glimpse of the pic, I didn't realise it was your dot painting! I thought it was a photo or oil painting! That's so awesome! How big is it?

I find the small ones make it hard to discern the picture. The bigger the better.

Also, have you seen the companies where you send in a photo and they turn it into a diamond painting for you? I know someone who has their family portrait as a diamond painting. It about 2m by 1.5m! And no, they haven't finished it!

It’s 30x40cm @tyme 

It is a photo of a friends dog that someone had done up for her. My friend asked if I’d do it for her. The ones I ordered are from the same place. When she frames it I’ll see what it is like and I’ll get my dog and mums done. 
The ones I’ve got aiming are a similar size. 2mx1.5 would take forever!!! 
I won’t be as quick with the other ones as I’ll be back at work. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance