Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Oscillation between two mind sets

@Shaz51 feeling super agitated and uncomfortable in my body 😢. I hope you are doing better

Hi just want you to know I have transgenerational trauma and cptsd.  I am with you in the memory challenge.  With you in spirit.

Sitting with you too @creative_writer - here with @Shaz51

I also second what @tyme asked earlier.. I am also familiar with the feeling that I am annoying others, and have been personally able to identify how that came about for me. For me, from childhood, my needs did not matter, so now as an adult, through a lot of therapy and an overhaul of my life, I aim to give myself that voice and prioritise my needs. I matter, I am worthy, just like you matter, and you are worthy too @creative_writer

What's on your mind right now?

Hi @Radarears it’s nice to meet you. CPTSD and generational is tough. Sending you hugs 💖🫂

@PizzaMondo it’s hard putting your needs first when you’ve grown up otherwise.

I just have a lot of pent up energy, racing thoughts and have had SI and intrusive thoughts of trauma entering my brain. I’m safe but I feel very unsettled. I feel all of these emotions crawling deep inside me, I just want to scream.

Hey @creative_writer sorry to hear that your emotions are kicking up such a storm inside at the moment. Here for you hun - would a discussion about your feelings help? Or maybe a distraction from them?

🫠🤪

@Jynx I feel fed up, I want it over with but I know I can’t just give in. I had a shower, it distracted me for a bit.

@Radarears I hope you are doing okay 💖

Showers are one of my favs @creative_writer I like to imagine all the woes of my day being scrubbed away. 

Got much on tonight? Gotta do some study or anything?

@Jynx I ought to study but the thoughts are still loud 😞. Probably will have dinner soon. Do you have much planned for tonight?

Aye could be very distracting @creative_writer... or perhaps the study could distract from the thoughts? Always a roll of the dice haha. 

Not much, I will see if I have energy to head to the shops after I finish, I wanna get ingrdients for my next meal prep. Annnd I got way too many dishes piled up to get to as well lol. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance