Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Grief and Loss // Tues 3rd August, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Welcome everyone to Topic Tuesday! Before we get started I want to acknowledge that for many people grief and loss can bring up big feelings. We have planned a discussion that we hope will talk about grief and loss, but also about coping with grief and supporting a loved one who may be grieving.

If at any time you feel distress, or want to speak to someone, please feel welcome to contact the SANE Helpcentre for support. For urgent help, please see our crisis support page for some services. Griefline is also available to support those living with the ongoing impact of grief and loss.

We also want to draw attention to the community guidelines before we get started. This is a space for us to hold space for every person's experience of grief and loss Heart

With that in mind, let's get started 🙂 For those who are joining us tonight, please feel free to introduce yourself and what they are interested in hearing about tonight

I am going to pass to @amandaGL to introduce herself 🙂

Hug @Snowie ❤❤

@Smc 

@CalmingNature @Daisydreamer @Shaz51 @Snowie @Owlunar 

Hi everyone Heart

It's lovely to see you all here tonight Smiley Happy

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

As Community & Partnerships Coordinator for Griefline, I merge clinical knowledge (completing a Bachelor of Counselling), and practical experience as a former Griefline Helpline Volunteer with expertise in communications and content production to achieve three key objectives; broadening community awareness of Griefline’s services; strengthening and expanding on those services (particularly, Griefline’s online forums); and collaborating with other like-minded organisations and government departments to ensure more Australians have access to beneficial and appropriate grief and loss support.  

That's ok @Snowie, hopefully you're able to join next time.

Take care,

CalmingNature

Welcome @Shaz51 and @ShiningStar 🙂 Glad to see you both

Hi @Daisydreamer 

Thank you so much Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

Welcome @Owlunar Heart

Thanks @Daisydreamer 

I am looking forward to being part of this discussion. I actually worked as a TC on Grief Line back in the early 1990s

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance